So we all know how PSP (PlayStation Portable) games are now becoming a major part of the gaming industry, however with a huge drawback, the costing of the console as well as the individual games. But now with this new app ‘PPSSPP’ you can play almost all the PSP games on your android or iOS devices! That means a whole new series of games are now available for your smartphone, iphone, iPad, or tablet, which includes PlayStation classics like, Burnout, Soul Caliber, Final Fantasy, DragonballZ and so much more! So read this article to find out more details about this new amazing app and also how to use it on your android devices. A must read for all gamers!
PPSSPP apk Fun in Android
For those who don’t know what an emulator is, it is a software platform that allows applications of one platform to work on another. Designed by Henrik Rydgård, PPSSPP does exactly this. It enables your android or iOS device and makes it compatible for most of the PSP games. But PPSSPP is much more than your everyday game emulators like GBA or Citra. It allows the games to run in full HD resolution, and even in the latest devices, you get to play in almost twice the resolution of the original game. Like most game emulators it allows you to save any game at any point of time, as it has its own memory slots. Another huge up is that it gives you the choice between on-screen controls, or attachable joysticks or keyboards. This means no matter which console you’re used to gaming in, you get to use it now to play all those cool PSP games!
[Also Read: Download whatsapp plus apk free 2015 reborn version ]
Possibly the biggest pro of using PPSSPP is that it is an open source project. This mean that anyone is allowed to add to the code to fix everyday bugs that come up with some of these latest games or devices. The latest version, 220.127.116.11 even has the Galaxy s7 bugs fixed and is available for free download for android 2.3 and up, and iOS jailbroken iPhones and iPads with Cydia installed.
[Also Read:Hotstar app download apk file ]
How to install
For android 2.3 and above:
If Installing from Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for Color Switch app.
- Tap on the Install button.
- When the prompt window appears read the terms and access permissions.
- Scroll down and tap on the Accept button.
- This will start the installation.
- Once it is complete, go to the home screen of your device.
- Open the Menu and locate the app icon.
- Tap on it to launch.
- In order to play games on the PPSSPP emulator the original PSP games must be dumped to be converted into .iso or .cso files. Or they can be found in homebrew games, which are available online. These need to downloaded and stored into /psp/game on your SD card or USB storage.
If Installing on iOS devices
- Add the PPSSPP Cydia/APT Repo.
- Open Cydia, and go to the Manage tab.
- Tap on “Sources”.
- Then tap on Edit, then Add.
- Enter in this URL: http://cydia.ppsspp.org/
- Install PPSSPP from Cydia.
- Tap on Search, and type in “PPSSPP”.
- Tap on the PPSSPP package you wish to install (see the FAQ for more details).
- Tap on Install, then Confirm.
PPSSPP is now also available on Linux systems, but the range of games playable on it is still not confirmed. If you want to use PPSSPP on your Linux systems here’s how to do it:
[Also Read:COC mod apk download free gems ]
Step 1: Install SDL2 via your distro’s package manager
- Open a Terminal instance
- For Debian/Ubuntu and their derivatives: Install the “libsdl2-dev” package.
- For Fedora/RHEL and their derivatives: Install the “SDL2-devel” package.
- For BSD-based distros: Install the “sdl2” package.
- If your distro is not listed here: Try to find SDL2 in whatever package manager your distro uses. If you cannot, then compile it from source.
Step 2: Download PPSSPP (amd64) from http://build.ppsspp.org/?page/downloads
Step 3: Download PPSSPP (i386) from http://build.ppsspp.org/?page/downloads
What’s going down
While the app PPSSPP is available free of cost, it comes with ads. The ad-free version ‘PPSSPP Gold’ is available for INR349. And while the creators vouch that the bugs of the latest gadgets have been removed, there have been reports of multiple crash errors from Samsung Galaxy s7 users.
But all in all PPSSPP is possibly the best free PSP emulator available for so many platforms, and it is a meager 24 mbs in size. So all you PSP freaks can now play all your favorite games on your other devices with superb graphics and enhanced gameplay!
[Also Read: Tubemate apk download youtube videos for free ]