In plain and simple terms, Snapchat is one of the biggest Internet messaging applications that focuses more on pictures and multimedia instead of texts, unlike other such messaging apps. It was first launched in September 2011 and is available for iOS and Android. The parent company of Snapchat is Snap Inc. Going by its name, this app was primarily created to be a bit different than other messaging apps because this app has a motto which is to deliver anything quickly and also nothing should be permanent.
After several tries at gathering revenue and investors, Snapchat finally succeeded to make a name for itself in 2012-13. Before that also it was quite popular but it did not quite receive the worldwide response until this time. This app, in general, can be said to support instant moments instead of creating memories, which is the foundation of most of the other apps that are created nowadays. It was first released for iOS and then following the widespread popularity that it received, it was launched for Android. So let us get into what Snapchat really offers that attracts people from all over the world.
Snapchat Online for PC
As you might well be aware, Snapchat is easily available on Android and iOS but you may not be aware of the fact that it can also be installed and used on a computer. If you think of the advantages that using this app on a computer might provide, then the biggest thing that will come to mind is the huge screen that will provide you a great immersive experience. Without further ado, therefore, let us get on with it. Just follow the steps below because it is a bit complicated but once it is done, you will be thankful that you went ahead and undertook the pain.
The first step:
- You first have to get an Android Emulator installed on your system. An Android Emulator is a software that creates an Android running environment on the PC. Two of the most popular Android Emulators on the market now are Andy Android Emulator and BlueStacks. You can download either of these two and install it on your system. Both have official websites from where you can download the software.
The second step:
- After you have finished downloading and properly installing the Android Emulator on your system, you can go ahead and launch it.
- As soon as you open the Emulator, you will find that the interface looks exactly like an Android smartphone. You can search for the app marketplace in the list of apps already installed there.
- On entering the marketplace, you can search for and download the app. Install it and you are ready to use Snapchat on your PC.
As you can see now, it is really simple to get Snapchat installed on your own computer system so that the videos and the stories your friends send to your account can be viewed on a larger screen. The scope of Snapchat on PC is endless and, therefore, you should go ahead and give it a try.
- The primary efforts of Snapchat are all directed towards taking pictures or snaps and, therefore, that is the first thing users will notice when they open the Snapchat for the first time. There is a large button in the middle which helps in taking pictures with a button at the right-hand corner to change between the front and rear cameras. The video making abilities are also commendable because tapping on the central button and holding it for some time automatically fires up the video recording.
- Filters, effects, text captions, and drawings all combine to provide users with the ability to edit the videos on the pictures taken. The geo filter on Snapchat also allows location tracking while there is a lens feature which uses the face detection technology and now, with its recent update, is working with both the front and rear cameras. The lens feature allows users to make silly alterations two faces like big ears on a small nose and other such trivial functions but it actually has many takers and is a function that is unique to Snapchat.
- The next thing to note is a button at the right-hand bottom corner which is one of the most exciting because that is the button which gives users the ability to decide how long the video can stay visible.
- The editing of the videos is not as highly rated as the editing capabilities of other social networking sites like Instagram but it is efficient, to say the least, and if you do not want to get into the hassle of transport in an image to other photo editing apps on social media apps before you put it up on Snapchat, then this app’s own editing tool will provide you enough features to work with.
- The importance of emoticons, stickers, and smileys are paramount now and all other apps in the world are now coming up with packs and packs of such emoticon packages your order to satisfy the user’s need to express himself/herself. Snapchat, following the lead, has also come up with completely new stickers and emoticon packages.
- Moving on to one of the biggest things that Snapchat has introduced in recent times and which has also served in the app getting more popular, is the Stories Snapchat stories are a collection of pictures and videos that can exist for a period of 24 hours in a slideshow style. A user can record a video and opt to create a story out of it by posting it on Snapchat’s story division. Once a story is created the user can continuously update it with new pictures and videos.
- The Memories feature is also a very beneficial element that this app possesses. Through this, users can choose to look at pictures of bygone times. These pictures and videos are generally stored in a private storage from where users can get access to them and give them. There is also a ‘my eyes only‘ section in the ‘memories’ section which can we used to store anything that the user does not want to share with anybody else. A password is required to access this section.
- Snapchat has introduced a lot of good features over time and is reaping its rewards through the popularity that it has been gaining. It was involved in some adverse popularity also when allegations were leveled at the app of being very lax in security.
- From 2015, another new feature came into being, which is the Discover It provided users with the ability to watch short videos from major channels like Buzzfeed, CNN, ESPN, Mashable, and others. These channels are ad-supported and if the user does not want to avail of these services, then he/she can easily cancel.